Friday, August 31, 2007

English - pre-Sibiu thoughts from Holland


Well, let me introduce myself.
It's midnight at this time and I can't sleep.
There are a few things to think of and one of them is Sibiu.
Well, not Sibiu itself, but what will happen there.

Me? My name is Marrit Bassa. I am living in the beautiful city of Utrecht, in the middle of The Netherlands. So, hopefully you can see it, I am Dutch.By the way, friends prefere to call me 'Bassa', cause that's easier I think.
And I will participate in the EEA3 conference at Sibiu as a youth delegate of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands. As far as I know, and as far as it is fair to tell this, that is the biggest Protestant Church in Holland.

I'm glad I can join this assemblee. I'm really looking forward to it. Why?
Well, I am a seminary student. This year I will graduate. Then I will have my masters degree on Theology at the Utrecht University and I can become a minister in my church.
Anyway, at this time I'm far too young to do at ;) !!
So, I'm just looking around for some place to work or to use my talents. I'd really want to work in the Church. And this is also why I'm looking forward to Sibiu.
There I hope to meet much more youthmembers whom all 'have something up' with that what we're supposed to call 'Church'.

Maybe in this time, this age and this society, it's not that usual anymore to believe you can commit to something like that. And sometimes I really think its quit useless or even unbelievable that I do this. But somehow there are more people like me. People who are raised as christians in all kind of denominations or churches. People who are converted by something that you might see as 'a calling'. A calling from the one triune God who made our history. Or people who might be interested. People searching there way in or out in this life or the world beyond.
Honestly, I'm honored to participate in this large movement. To participate in a conference as the EEA3 where I will meet with many (young!! and old as well... ) people from all countries in Europe. To talk, to chat, to laugh, to think, to dance, to sing, to rejoice, to drink and to have fun together.

But for now, I have to go to bed again. It is almost 4 a clock in the morning and I'm still awake. Three days ago I returned from a stay of 6 weeks in the USA, and I'm still waiting for my luggage to come.... The luggage I have to use in Sibiu as well... Anyway, I hope that will reach me on time so that I can welcome all the others in Sibiu well prepared !!

Kind regards,

and good night!

Marrit
Bassa

1 comment:

TT said...

I hope, your luggage did arrive and will come without stress here to Sibiu.
Till Tuesday, best wishes