Monday, September 10, 2007

Bassa/ Leaving...

I'm waiting.

I'm here, sitting in the lobby of our hotel in Ocna, 12 km from Sibiu.
I'm waiting for the cab to bring me to the airport.
While I'm waiting the sun is shining. I see the light.
But hopefully this light will guide me on my way back home. And I pray that this light will be there when I'm sharing my experiences and tell my stories.

Yesterday it was quit a special day. First of all it was the final day of the assemblee. With a good and warm morningservice in the Lutheran Church and the closing prayer on Piata Mare. But, it was my birthday as well. I celebrated it with the delegation of my church and some other Dutch churches and friends.
I will always remember the day of yesterday - to celebrate your birthday in the culutural capital city of Europe and during an ecumenical assembly - a good tradition...!!

Anyway, I hope everyone else will safely at home now. Or else, have a save trip. And as Catharina, Timi and I said to each other: we have to take our experiences home and tell our friends and everyone else...!!
I'm asked to start with writing a statement for my own church. I hope this will be an example for all the other young people who were here. We have to share this, (all the good things, but our frustrations as well !!!!) and let our churches know that ecumenism is more than just some elderly people listening to each other.

Well, thank you all here for sharing your thoughts! I really like to read all the blogs. maybe we can continue, to tell what we are doing at home?
Anyway, goodbye for now. Next time? In Jerusalem?

Marrit Bassa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha Marrit,

klinkt als een bijzondere week, ben benieuwd naar de rest van je ervaringen! Je weet waar je me kunt vinden....in de bieb ja. Sta altijd open voor thee en verhalen :)

nog een tip: ga staan, met je koffer voor je. Pak je koffer met je rechterhand, til hem op en druk hem tegen je aan. Sla je linkerarm om de koffer heen. Sla nu ook je rechterarm om de koffer heen. Laat de koffer niet meer los, wat er ook gebeurt, tot je weer thuis bent in je kamer. Dan bovenstaande procedure in omgekeerde versie uitvoeren.

GP