Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bassa/Back and a very great ending!!

Wow, the end of my Sibiu-journey was very very special.
When I finally arrived on Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) the only thing I had to do was to take a train to Utrecht, the city in the middle of the Netherlands, were I live. But, the trains were all delayed and even cancelled. I had to change my way of travelling and took a train to Amsterdam Central Station. Overthere, finally, after one hour I could continue and stepped into an overloaded train to Utrecht.
There someone began talking to me - It was Sharisa, one of the stewards, she came back on sunday already!! We thought this meeting was by change but.....
In the train we were talking about all the strange, nice, frustrating and beautiful things we experienced. Afterwards a boy came to us and said that he've heared us talking and he wanted to know more about Jesus. He was already searching to get to know more about the dead and resurrection of the Christ. But for him it was quit hard to believe it. He asked us about the Bible, he asked us why we would believe in Jesus and if the gospel of the crucifiction is really truth. He asked it !!!! So it was NOT BY CHANGE that Sharisa and I met on this train. He heared us, talking about different ways of believing in the same faith. We shared our faith, we were witnessing on that big and full station of Utrecht, in the midst of people who are not interested in God, secularised, sceptic about the churche....... We told him thatwe would pray for him. We talked almost 15 minutes and it was so, so.. good! Thanks be to God! A few minutes later, when I reached the bus that finally would took me home, I sat down and prayed. I'm really praying and hoping (and believing !!) that this young men would feel the love of Christ, the warmth of God to believe and to tell it to other people! This evening WE WERE THE LIGHT OF CHRIST! Even when an assembly like this is maybe not satisfying for ourselves, the talk about it gave us a change to be a wittness. I hope more people will ask us these questions! This young men was one, tomorrow there will be another in another city, and later one more, and more, and more... I hope this story will encourage you to stay firm and to let the light shine!

Lets pray and seek the ways of the Lord.
Have a good week - and look forward to tomorrow!
Marrit Bassa

No comments: