Thursday, September 6, 2007

Plenaries: second edition

What is your feeling when you enter the plenary and see the people on the stage? How do you feel when you see two female moderators at one table and venerable male elders on the other side? Doesn't it look like a gender segregation? Maybe it's just a morning impression...
And what does it say about ecumenism in Europe when you try to guess the age of people on the stage? Where is the youth? Do they have nothing to say? I don't think so. I don't think that there are young people good only for "Morning Prayers and Bible Meditations". I believe, there are also young individuals able to contribute to the main plenary discussions. So, where are they?
I still wonder: Why do we have numerous speakers who just read their well prepared speeches without any attempt to interact, to dispute or to dialogue among themselves? How are we to be light shining on the way of life in dialogue with each other if we are able just to use monologue to express our ideas?
Well, at least, delegates without privilege to speak to the plenary learn to listen...
I'm looking for Round Tables to change my a bit skeptical point of view ;-)

No comments: